V Shanmuganathan took oath as 17th Governor of Manipur [ Current News (Concise) ]
About V Shanmuganathan: He was born on 21st November 1949. He was born in Thanjavur in Tamil Nadu. He has completed his M. Phil on Political Science from University of Madras. He is also a prolific writer and has written 3 books on culture and social facets in Tamil.
- He has also written over 600 articles in leading newspaper and magazines in Tamil and English.
- He was a member of Rahtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) in 1962.
- Later he joined Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and served in many party positions.
About Shanmuganathan taking oath:
- He took the oath and has been sworn in as 17th Governor of Manipur at ceremony held at Raj Bhawan in Imphal.
- As per the Article 159 of Constitution the oath was directed by Laxmi Kant Mahapatra (High court Justice).
- He was given the place of late Dr. Syed Ahmed by the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee.
- Published/Last Modified on: October 1, 2015