VC of Canberra University is H Deep Saini a Indian Scholar [ Current News (Concise) ]
H Deep Saini (60) a noted Indian scholar and plant physiologist has been appointed as the fifth Vice Chancellor of the prestigious University of Canberra, Australia. In September 2016 he will replace Vice Chancellor Stephen Parker who will step down from the post in July 2016 after over nine years in the service.
About H Deep Saini:
- Hargurdeep Saini is a notable Scientist.
- He is globally knowledgeable university leader and a notable plant physiologist.
- He had completed his undergraduate and master’s degrees from the Ludhiana based Punjab Agricultural University.
- He had completed his doctorate (PhD) in plant physiology from the University of Adelaide.
- He is working as the Vice-President of the University of Toronto presently and Principal of the University of Toronto Mississauga campus in Canada.
- He has received a number of awards and honours like the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal.
About Canberra University:
It was established in 1967 located in Bruce, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory.
UC provides undergraduate and postgraduate courses covering following learning areas:
- Applied Science
- Art and Design
- Government and law
- Information Sciences and Engineering.
The university also offers its degrees at the Holmesglen Institute of TAFE, Metropolitan South Institute of TAFE, Northern Sydney Institute of TAFE and South Western Sydney Institute of TAFE as of 2014.
- Published/Last Modified on: March 16, 2016