Vatican to discuss sainthood on Mother Teresa [ Current News (Concise) ]
In September 2016, a Roman Catholic religious sister Mother Teresa and missionary will be given Sainthood i. e. will be made a saint of the Roman Catholic Church. Regarding to this Pope Francis has approved a decree recognizing Mother Teresa’s intercession with God a second miracle.
- Earlier Mother Teresa was blessed by then late Pope John Paul, in 2003.
- Blessing are requires and it is one miracle and also last step before sainthood
- Mother Teresa’s second miracle has been attributed to the intercession which is required for canonization.
- It involved the inexplicable healing of a man who was suffering from a deadly brain disease.
About Mother Teresa
- She was born on 28th August 1910 as Anjeze Gonxhe Bojaxhiu. in Skopje (Now in Macedonia) the Ottoman Empire.
- Mother Teresa is the founder of Kolkata based Missionaries of Charity that helps poor on the streets of Kolkata.
- She had served the poor, sick, orphaned and dying on the streets of Kolkata around 45-years serving though the charity organization.
- She became part of the Kosovo Vilayet
- She died at the age of 87 in 1997 in Kolkata.
- Padma Shri (1962)
- Nobel Peace Prize (1979)
- Bharat Ratna (1980)
- Published on: December 21, 2015