Vice Admiral Atul Kumar Jain Has Take Over as New Chief of Staff of Eastern Naval Command [ Current News (Concise) ]
The new Chief of Staff of the Visakhapatnam headquartered Eastern Naval Command is Vice Admiral Atul Kumar Jain. He has replaced Vice Admiral Bimal Verma due to his transferred as Commander-in-Chief of Andaman & Nicobar Command at Port Blair.
About Atul Kumar Jain:
Vice Admiral Jain has served at various Operational and Staff Command Appointments in the Indian Navy during his notable career.
He had joined the Indian Navy in 1982 and post specialization in Gunnery and Missile Warfare and had worked on missile destroyers IN Ships Ranvijay and Ranvir.
He has completed his is education from
- the Sainik School (Rewa),
- Defence Services Staff College (Wellington, Ooty),
- National Defence Academy (Pune),
- College of Naval Warfare (Mumbai)
- National Defence College (Pretoria, South Africa).
During his career he has directed:
- Missile corvettes Nirghat, Khukri, missile destroyer INS Rajput and
- Indigenously built stealth destroyer INS Mysore.
He also had served as
- Director Naval Intelligence (Protocol),
- Principal Director Staff Requirement at Integrated Headquarters,
- Ministry of Defence (Navy) and
- Director Foreign Liaison.
Awards and Honours:
Vishisht Seva Medal in 2009 and
Ati Vishisht Seva Medal in 2015.
- Published/Last Modified on: March 2, 2016