Vice President Ahmed Adeeb Abdul Ghafoor accuses by Maldives Parliament [ Current News (Concise) ]
Ahmed Adeeb Abdul Ghafoor was born on 11th April 1982. He was the 5th Vice President of Maldives. He served as the Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture prior to his appointment on 22nd July 2015. He received his degree from Staffordshire University in 2007.
- He received his MBA Degree from Edith Cowan University in 2008.
- After his graduation, he started work as the Chief Operating Officer at Millennium Capital Holdings Pvt Ltd.
- Later, he was elected as President of the Maldives National Chamber of Commerce and Industries in 2011.
- On October 24th, 2015 it was announced that Adeeb had been arrested by Maldives police in connection with a September 28th, 2015 bomb attack which targeted Maldives president Abdulla Yameen.
About accusing from Maldives Parliament:
- Ahmed Adeeb Abdul Ghafoor has been charged with secrecy to kill the President Yameen Abdul Gayoom in blast on his motorboat on September 2015.
- The political disaster in the island nation has strengthened recently, after President Yameen had declared national emergency for one month.
- If found guilty, he could face up to 25 years in jail.
- Maldives is includes 1192 small hot coral islands in Indian Ocean with a population of around 3.4 lakhs.
- It includes mainly Sunni Muslims.
- Its economy is primarily based on tourist occupation and is well known for its beaches and luxury island resorts.
- Published/Last Modified on: November 6, 2015