Vinesh Phogat and Sakshi Malik India Women Wrestlers Qualify for 2016 Rio Olympics [ Current News (Concise) ]
Vinesh Phogat and Sakshi Malik two Indian women wrestlers have eligible for 2016 Rio Olympics scheduled which was held in August 2016. After defeating Avin Demirhan of Turkey 12 - 2 in the 48 kg category in the semi-final match of the Olympic world qualifying tournament held at Istambul in Turkey Vinesh sealed her place for the Olympic berth. And now she will fight for gold medal against Ivona Neena Matkovaska.
- Sakshi Malik also qualified in 58 kg category for Rio Olympics by defending Len Jhang in Semi-final and now she will play against Russian Valeria Koblova Jholobova in the final.
About Vinesh Phogat:
- Vinesh Phogat was born on 25th August 1994.
- she is an Indian wrestler who comes from a very successful background of wrestling with her cousins Geeta Phogat and Babita Kumari, both international wrestlers and Commonwealth Games medallists.
- Presently she is being maintained by JSW Sport below the Sports Excellence Programme.
About Sakshi Malik:
- Sakshi Malik was born on 3rd September 1992.
- She epitomized India in the women’s freestyle 58 kg category at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow and has won the silver medal.
- She also signified India in the women’s freestyle 60 kg category at the 2014 World Wrestling Championships in Tashkent.
- Published on: May 9, 2016