Virat Kohli Becomes First Indian Captain to Score Double Century Outside India [ Current News (Concise) ]
Virat Kohli has become the first Indian captain to score a double century outside India. He is the Indian test team captain. He achieved scoring 200 runs against West Indies on second day of the first Test at the Sir Vivian Richards stadium in Antigua, North Sound. West Indies.
- Virat Kohli entered the list of visiting captains with highest scores in West Indies With his double century.
- He is only third captain who have managed to score double century in a Test match vs West Indies in the Carribean.
Other two are:
- England’s Len Hutton (205 in 1953 - 54)
- Australia’s Bobby Simpson (201 in 1964 - 65)
- In 1990 He also broke Mohammed Azharuddin’s long-standing record of 192 against New Zealand.
- In the West Indies, it was also the highest score by an Indian captain.
- With this, Kohli also became the fifth Indian captain to score a double century in a Test match.
- Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi (203 against England)
- Sachin Tendulkar (217 against New Zealand)
- Sunil Gavaskar (205 against West Indies)
- MS Dhoni (224 against Australia)
- Published/Last Modified on: July 25, 2016