Vyas Samman Award 2015 Awarded to Hindi Author Sunita Jain [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
The prestigious 25th Vyas Samman 2015 has been honored to Hindi scholar, novelist, writer and Hindi and English literature poet Sunita Jain by West Bengal Governor K N Tripathi for her poetry collection Kshama (published in 2008).
- Kshama shows good emotions and bonding between poet Tulsidas and his wife Ratnavalli and with a beautiful words she had express the sentiment of forgiveness between Tulsidas and his wife.
About Sunita Jain
- She was born on 13th July 1940 at Ambala, Hariyana.
- She is one of the finest short story writer and poet of India.
- At the age of 22 year she took her first step in career and since then she has written over 100 books apart from short-stories, novels and poems in Hindi and English and translated many Jain books in to English.
- She is professor by profession and had served as the Head of the department of Humanities and Social Sciences of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi.
- Her Best known work include:
- A Girl of Her Age
- A Wo men is Dead (Short Story)
- An Anthology of World Voices
Awards and Honours:
- The Vreeland Award in 1969
- Marie Sandoz Prairie Schooner Fiction Award in 1970 and 1971
- Padma Shri in 2004
About Vyas Samman award
- The Vyas Samman award is literary award of India which honored to inspiring literary work of Indian author or any citizen.
- It was founded by the K.K. Birla Foundation in 1991 and since that it is awarded annually.
- The award includes 2.5 lakh rupees, a citation and a plaque.
- Previous Recipients
Book/ Poem Collection / Novel
Kamal Kishore Goyenka
Premchand Kee Kahaniyon Kaa Kaal Kramanusar Adhyan
memoir Vyomkesh Darvesh
novel Na Bhooto Na Bhavishyati
collection of poems Aam K Patte
Vishwanath Prasad Tiwari
collection of poems Phir Bhi Kuch Rah Jayega
- Published/Last Modified on: August 23, 2016