WADA signs agreement with China’s Sports Ministry to blow down supply of PEDS [ Current News (Concise) ]
About World Anti - Doping Agency (WADA): It was initiated on November 10 in 1999 in Lausanne, Switzerland. It is a foundation led by International Olympic Committee (IOC) collectively. It is a non - profit organization.
- Its main purpose is Anti - sports doping in all countries.
- Its headquarters are at Montreal in Canada.
About Performance - Enhancing Drugs (PEDS):
- These are the drugs used to improve any form of activity and their performance in the humans.
- In scientific terms these drugs are the Anabolic steroids.
- These are sold online on Chinese websites and sent to other countries around the world by regular mail.
- China is world’s top manufacturer and exporter of PEDS which are traded by underground labs in the country.
About the agreement:
- This agreement was signed by the WADA with the Sports Ministry of China.
- This will help in the exchange of information between the Interpol and the China’s law enforcement agencies.
- This is to suppress the PEDS producers and help countries catch the drug cheats among the athletes and also reduce the manufacture of PEDS.
- Published on: September 24, 2015