Website for interface with industry and transparency has been lunched by the Union Defence Ministry [ Current News (Concise) - Defense ]
A new Make in India website www.makeinindiadefence.com has been lunched by Union Ministry of Defence. With the aim to make Defence acquisition process simpler and to provide an interface with industry.
- At New Delhi, Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has launch this website.
- The main objective of union Government to introduce this website is to make the process of creating a level playing field with more transparency in defence sector procurements.
- Complete information related to all procedural and policy issues relevant for defence manufacturing industry in the country have been provided though this website.
- This will be bridge for the industry to get the latest news and notification regarding various aspects of the defence production.
- It offers path between industrial programs and promotion policies of various states and union territories.
- Defence gaining process will be simpler and transparent with this lunch.
- The portal also facilities to individual company to search for explanations or ask questions that would be answered within three working days.
- Union Defence Minister also declared that in January 2016 the new revised Defence Procurement Procedure (DPP) will be stated.
- The goal of new DPP is to improve defence procurement under Make in India initiative from the current 30 % to 40 % and raising it up to 70 % indigenization in the next five years.
- Published on: December 22, 2015