Well-Known Urdu Poet Nida Fazli is More [ Current News (Concise) ]
Legendary Urdu Poet and Bollywood lyricist Nida Fazli passed away in Mumbai, Maharashtra due to heart attack at the age of 78 years. He was become famous among singers and fans for their graceful presentation of ghazals, nazm and dohaas.
About Nida Fazli
- He was born on 12th October 1938 at Delhi in a Kashmiri family.
- He was the son of famous poet Murtaza Hasan Baidi.
- At the time of partition, his family moved to Pakistan and he stays in India.
- He shifted to Mumbai and starts his career with Dharmayug and Blitz magazines.
- Usually his poetry is based on both urban and village landscapes to explore nature and human relations.
- He also had panned numbers of songs for Indian films.
- He has authored 24 books in Urdu, Hindi and Gujarati languages and some of them are assigned as school textbooks in Maharashtra.
- Lafzon ke Phool (collection of sher-o-shayari),
- Mor Naach (collected works) in 1978,
- Mulaqaten (character-sketches),
- Aankh aur Khwab ke Darmiyan,
- Safar Mein Dhuup to Hogi, etc.
His most commended shers: “Duniya jise kehte hain jaadu kaa khilona hai, Mil jaaye to mitti hai, kho jaaye to sona hai”.
His popular film songs:
- Tu is tarah se meri zindagi mein (Aap To Aise Na The),
- Aa bhi jaa (Sur) and
- Hosh waalon ko khabar (Sarfarosh) etc.
Awards and Honours:
- Khusro Award
- Best Poetry Award from Maharashtra Urdu Academy
- Hindi Urdu Sangam Award
- Sahitya Akademi Award (1998)
- Bollywood Movie Award – Best Lyricist (2003)
- National Harmony Award and Padma Shri (2013)
- the Mir Taqi Mir award for his autobiographical novel “Deewaron Ke Beech”
- Published/Last Modified on: February 9, 2016