Women Parliamentarians Forum (BRICS) Adopted Jaipur Declaration [ Current News (Concise) ]
Women Parliamentarians forum BRICS has been universally passed the Jaipur Declaration in the closing ceremony of the Forum’s meeting in Jaipur related to the climate change on ecological systems, biodiversity and food production.
- During the two days meeting the 19-point declaration was adopted and heads and members of delegation from Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa have attended this meeting.
- Three dimensions strengthen strategic partnership of sustainable development such as economic growth, social inclusion and environmental protection between members.
- Parliamentarians focus on climate change on ecological systems, biodiversity and as well as food security (i.e. food production).
- The main focus area of the members is to find integrated solutions to be preserve and also to protect ecological systems and forests.
- International financial institutions (FIs) will helps to extend support to developing and least developed countries.
- FIs will also help to achieve easy access of new and affordable technologies which was predicted under UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCC) and the Paris Agreement.
- Pay attention on inform needs, aware citizens about developmental schemes by communicating with them and by providing information.
- Focus on plans for involving gender concerns and larger contribution of women parliamentarians with the involvement of citizens in the development process.
- BRICS is the abbreviation for an association of five major emerging national economies:
- South Africa
- The grouping was originally known as “BRIC” before the attachment of South Africa in 2010.
- The BRICS members are all developing or newly industrialized countries.
- Russia currently holds the chair of the BRICS group, and hosted the group’s seventh summit in July 2015.
- As of 2015, the five BRICS countries represent over 3 billion people, or 42 % of the world.
- The BRICS have received both approval and disapproval from numerous commentators.
- Published on: August 29, 2016