Women Transforming India Initiative Has Been Launched by the NITI Aayog [ Current News (Concise) ]
The ‘Women Transforming India’ initiative has been launched by the Union Government’s premier think-tank NITI Aayog on the International Women’s Day (8th March) in partnership with the United Nations and MyGov.
- NITI Aayog’s aim behind implementation of this initiative is to directly engage with women leaders from across urban and rural areas of India.
- And under this it will collect entries in the form of written essays/stories, preferably complemented by photographs that set a context to the narrative.
- These stories will be new ground broken by women in empowering themselves and others or challenging stereotypes.
- In expanding the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) this initiative is also measured as an important step, which includes Gender as a one of the stand-alone goal.
- Across Union Ministries and State governments NITI Aayog has been trusted with the responsibility to plan, coordinate and monitor SDG efforts.
About NITI Aayog:
- The National Institution for Transforming India or NITI Aayog is a Government of India policy think-tank.
- It was established by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to replace the Planning Commission.
- NITI Aayog is aims to foster involvement and participation in the economic policy-making process by the State Governments of India.
- One of the important objectives of NITI Aayog is to bring cooperative competitive federalism and to improve centre state relation.
- Published on: March 14, 2016