World Bank reports: Gujarat ranks first in ease of doing business [ Current News (Concise) ]
About ease of doing business of World Bank: Ease of doing business gives the ranks to economics from 1 to 189 with first place being the best. The high ranking in it means low numerical rank means that the governing environment is conductive to business operation.
- The index averages the country’s percentile rankings on 10 topics covered in the World Bank’s Doing Business.
- Ease of doing business is basically an evaluation of business improvements sponsored by the Department of Industry Policy and Promotion (DIPP).
About Department of Industry Policy and Promotion:
- Department of Industry Policy and Promotion is responsible for construction and execution of promotional and progressive actions for growth of the industrial sector in India.
- It is also observe the national priorities and social economic aims.
About first rank of Gujarat:
- Gujarat gets 1st rank in ease of doing business with 71.14 % according to World Bank reports.
- Arunachal Pradesh ranked last in the list with minimum of 1.23%.
- India has been ranked 142 among the 189 countries in the World Bank’s report, falling two places from the previous year’s ranking.
After Gujarat top five states are,
- Andhra Pradesh ranked 2nd with 70.14%.
- Jharkhand ranked 3rd with 63.09%.
- Chhattisgarh ranked 4th with 62.45%.
- Madhya Pradesh ranked 5th with 62%.
- Rajasthan ranked 6th with 61.04%.
- Published/Last Modified on: September 16, 2015