World Bank’s 2016 rankings of Ease of Doing Business, India ranked 130 [ Current News (Concise) ]
India has been sited at 130th position among the 189 countries in the World Bank’s 2016 rankings of Ease of Doing Business Report. Key features: India is one of the countries that have made the most development, catching the advantage of the government in a separate section.
- It has made the major development among the South - Asian countries in business regulations.
- India has made large improvements in two meters i. e. starting a business (155th rank) and getting electricity (70th rank).
- Top 10 Countries: Singapore (1st), New Zealand (2nd), Denmark (3rd), South Korea (4th), Hong Kong (5th), United Kingdom (6th), United States (7th), Sweden (8th), Norway (9th) and Finland (10th).
- BIRCS Nations: India ranks lowermost in Doing Business among the BRICS nations. Russia (51), South Africa (73), China (84), Brazil (116) and India (130).
- India’s Neighbours: Bhutan (71), China (84), Nepal (99), Sri Lanka (107), Maldives (128), Pakistan (138), Bangladesh (174).
About the Ease of Doing Business ranking:
- It is yearly released by World Bank in its Doing Business Report.
- Ranking of country in this list is based on index averages the country’s percentile.
- A higher ranking of country means that its supervisory environment is more favorable and inspiring for the starting and operation of firms.
- 10 indicators are: business, getting electricity, dealing with construction permits, registering property, protecting investors, getting credit, employing workers, trading across borders, paying taxes, enforcing contracts and resolving insolvency.
- Published on: October 29, 2015