World Consumer Rights Day 2015 observed on 15 March 2015 [ Current News (Concise) - Important Days ]
The World Consumer Rights Day (WCRD) 2015 was observed on 15 March 2015 and the theme of this year is “Helping consumers choose healthy diets”. The theme of this year was taken up by the Consumers International (CI) because unhealthy diets are linked to four of the ten biggest causes of death.
- These diseases are overweight and obesity, high blood pressure, high blood glucose and high cholesterol worldwide. According to an estimate by the CI obesity alone is estimated to cost 2 trillion US dollars per year.
- The World Consumer Rights Day (WCRD) is observed first time in 1983 which declared by US President John F Kennedy to the US congress.
- US President John F Kennedy was the first world leader to formally define ‘consumer rights’.
- In 2014, the theme of that year was Fix Our Phone Rights.
- Published/Last Modified on: March 17, 2015