World Health Day 2015 observed on 7 April 2015 [ Current News (Concise) - Important Days ]
World Health Day 2015 was observed globally on 7 April 2015 and the theme for the year is from farm to plate, make food safe by the World Health Organisation (WHO). The World Health Organisation (WHO) conducted various programmes across the world in close cooperation with government agencies and civil society to spread awareness on food safety issues related to the entire spectrum of food supply chain every year.
- World Health Day (WHD) was first time celebrated in 1950 to mark the anniversary of the WHO formation in 1948.
- In 2014, the theme of World Health Day was Small bite, big threat which focused on vector borne diseases.
- Unsafe foods and its consequences foods are very harmful because it contains harmful bacteria, viruses, parasites or chemical substances and causes more than 200 diseases - ranging from diarrhoea to cancers.
- WHO-FAO International Food Safety Authorities Network (INFOSAN) was established in partnership with the FAO (Food and Agriculture Organisation in 2004.
- It set up the Food borne Disease Burden Epidemiology Reference Group (FERG) to advise on matters of global food borne diseases in 2007.
- Published/Last Modified on: April 8, 2015