World Meteorological Day observed on 23 March [ Current News (Concise) - Important Days ]
World Meteorological Day (WMD) is observed every year on 23 March and the theme for this year is Climate Knowledge for Climate Action. In this year theme was based on special significance to disseminate Climate Change related knowledge in order to take appropriate mitigation and adaptation actions related to meteorological.
- On the occasion of World Meteorological Day, World Meteorological Organisation was given various meteorological research awards for the contribution of climate improvement.
- This award goes to International Meteorological Organization Prize, Professor Dr. Vilho Vaisaila Award and Norbert Gerbier-Mumm International Award.
- In 1950, the World Meteorological Organisation (WMO) Convention came into force that aimed at creating WMO for climate knowledge.
- WMO became United Nations specialized agency for meteorology, geophysical sciences and operational hydrology after in 1951.
- Published on: March 24, 2015