World Migratory Bird Day is Being Observed on 10th May 2016 [ Current News (Concise) - Important Days ]
World Migratory Bird Day (WMBD) is being observed from corner to corner the world on the second stay in May WMBD is being observed on 10th May this year. The main aim behind the observation of this day is to raise awareness and highlight the essential for the security of traveling birds and their habitats.
- The theme of 2016 is “Stop the Illegal Killing, Taking and Trade of Migratory Birds”.
- On this day people about the world establish public events such as bird festivals, education programmes, exhibitions and bird-watching trips to celebrate WMBD.
- The United Nation as an annual awareness-raising campaign highlighting the need for the preservation of traveling birds and their habitats WMBD was initiated in 2006 by.
- The day was founded as an exertion of the United Nation’s Agreement on the Upkeep of African-Eurasian Migratory Water birds.
- Published on: May 11, 2016