World Sparrow Day observed on 20 March 2015 [ Current News (Concise) - Important Days ]
The World Sparrow Day was observed globally on 20 March 2015.Theme of this day is I Love Sparrows and inspired by the hope that more and more of us will celebrate the relationship between People and Sparrows.
- World Sparrow Day organised by the Nature Forever Society of India in collaboration with the Eco-Sys Action Foundation (France) and numerous other national and international organizations across the world.
- The aim to celebrate this day is spreading the awareness on the need of conserving common biodiversity or species of lower conservation status.
- Mohammed Dilawar was stared the Nature Forever Society and started his work helping the house sparrow in Nashik .
- In 2008, Mohammed Dilawar received award the Heroes of the Environment by Time magazine for his efforts.
- The Indian Postal Department released a stamp of the house sparrow on 20 March 2010.
- Sparrow was declared as the state bird of Delhi by the then Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit in 2012.
- Published/Last Modified on: March 24, 2015