World Water Day 2015 observed with the theme Water and Sustainable Development [ Current News (Concise) - Important Days ]
World Water Day 2015 observed on 22 March 2015 and the theme is Water and Sustainable Development declared by union govt. minister. Rajendra Singh selected for Stockholm Water Prize Laureate on 20 March 2015 and he is also called as the Waterman of India.
- Rajendra Singh was selected for his innovative water restoration efforts, improving water security in rural India and he also improved the betterment of rural livelihoods.
- On 26 August 2015, King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden, Patron of the Stockholm Water Prize, will present the prize to Rajendra Singh at a Royal Award Ceremony during World Water Week in Stockholm.
- In 1991, the Stockholm Water Prize is a global award founded and presented annually by the Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) to an individual, organisation or institution for outstanding water-related achievements.
- SIWI (Stockholm International Water Institute) is a policy institute that generates knowledge and informs decision-makers towards water wise policy and sustainable development.
- Rajendra Singh addressed the problem of waters in villages of Rajasthan through building Johads or traditional earthen dams.
- Published on: March 24, 2015