World Water Day is Observed on 22nd of March Every Year [ Current News (Concise) - Important Days ]
Every year on of 22nd March World Water Day (WWD) is being observed globally to preserve and ration consumption of water. Significance of the Day: To make a difference for the members of the global population who suffer from water related issues this day has been observed annually.
- It also marks a day to prepare for how we manage water in the future.
- Theme of 2016 is “Better Water, Better Jobs”.
- It pays attentions on the central role that water plays in creating and backup good quality jobs.
- In Agenda 21 of United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED) which was held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 1992 the first WWD was being observed formally.
- And then the UN General Assembly (UNGA) accepted the reference of UNCED and celebrated first World Water Day on 22 March 1993.
- From then this day is being observed annually to pay attention on the importance of freshwater and encouraging for the sustainable management of fresh water resources.
- ‘Water and Sustainable Development’ was the theme of 2015 WWD.
- Published on: March 22, 2016