World’s First Zika Vaccine Candidates Has Been Developed by Bharat Biotech [ Current News (Concise) ]
The world’s first Zika vaccine has been innovated by Hyderabad-based vaccines manufacturer Bharat Biotech. They have developed two candidates of vaccine, one of them is inactivated and second one is recombinant type which is recently submitted to the Government.
- These two candidates are in almost at the last stage of development and will be ready soon approximately in five months.
- In July 2015 Company has already filed patents for both candidates in and also very soon they will start animal tests soon after regulatory approvals for conducting clinical trials.
- Earlier this company has successfully developed vaccine on vector borne Chikungunya disease which is very similar to Zika so this company is able to achieve this medical innovation.
- It is made up of the disease-causing virus which is killed with chemicals, radiation or heat.
- These viruses are developed below the controlled conditions, they are able to reduce non-infectious in order to decrease antigenicity.
- It is more stable and harmless vaccine as compared to vaccines using live microbes.
Recombinant DNA vaccine:
- It is developed based on the recombinant DNA technology.
- This technology includes injecting the DNA encoding antigen that stimulates protected response.
- It usually uses a tempered virus or bacterium to present microbial DNA to cells of the body.
- Published/Last Modified on: February 4, 2016