World’S First Quantum Communication Satellite Launched by China [ Current News (Concise) ]
The world’s first quantum satellite dubbed is successfully launched as Quantum Experiments at Space Scaler (QUESS) satellite by China to build a coveted “Hack-proof” communication system with potentially important military and commercial application from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in Gansu on board of Long March-2D rocket.
- The main task of QUESS satellite is to send secured massage between Beijing and Uenmqi.
- It is named as Micius in the respect of 5th century BC Chinese philosopher.
- It will be placed in sun-synchronous orbit at an altitude of 500 km.
- It will complete one circle of earth in 90 minutes.
- This satellite helps China to create hack-proof communications system by transmitting uncrack able keys from space to the ground.
- It will be mainly applicable in ranges from highly secured military and government communications to online shopping.
Importance of QUESS Satellite:
- Previously researchers were got success in sending quantum messages on land but this will be the first satellite-based quantum network which sends encrypted (hack proof) messages around the world very fast.
- This launch will be beneficial for other possible uses of the technology.
- China has created history in field of quantum technology by launching this satellite.
- Quantum communication increase ultra-high security in communication by using subatomic particles between two points.
- It works as if any hacker tries to crack the message in Quantum communication it will alert the sender by changing its forms as a message to be changed or removed.
- Published/Last Modified on: August 22, 2016