Yogeshwar Dutt’S Medal Upgraded to Silver [ Current News (Concise) - Sports ]
Yogeshwar Dutt’s becomes second Indian wrestler to won Silver medal in 2012 London Summer Olympics in men’s 60kg freestyle category. His medal is upgraded from bronze to Silver after Russia’n wrestler Besik Kudukhov (Silver Medal winner in 2012 London Summer Olympics) tested positive to use banned substance during the match in 2012 London Summer Olympics by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).
With this up-gradation silver medal tally Olympics of India reached at five. Silver medalist of India:
- Shooters Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore (2004 Athens Olympics)
- Wrestler Sushil Kumar (2012 London Olympics)
- Yogeshwar Dutt (2012 London Olympics)
- Vijay Kumar (2012 London Olympics
- Shuttle PV Sindhu (2016 Rio Olympics)
About Yogeshwar Dutt:
- He was born on 2nd November 1982 at Bhaniswal Kalan village Haryana.
- At the age of 8 years he has started wresting.
- In 2003 he had won gold medal at Common Wealth Games.
- Yogeshwar had won bronze in men’s 60kg freestyle category in 2012 London Olympics.
- In 2014 Commonwealth Games at Glasgow he again won gold medal.
- He recently battered into the ‘Icon’ category by Haryana Hammers one of the six teams playing under the first edition of Pro Wrestling League (PWL), which will be held from 10 December to 27 December in six Indian cities.
- Awards and Honors:
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in 2012
- Silver medal at 2012 London Olympic
- Padma Shri in 2013
About Besik Kudukhov
- Besik Serodinovich Kudukhov was a Russian freestyle wrestler of Ossetia descent.
- Kudukhov started his preparation for wrestling in 1995 and in 2005 he was selected for the Russian national team.
- He begged bronze medal in the 55 kg category in 2008 Olympics Kudukhov.
- He took his last berth on 29th December 2013 in car accident.
- Published on: September 2, 2016