Youngest Formula 1 Winner: Max Verstappen [ Current News (Concise) ]
Red Bull F1 driver Max Verstappen from Netherlands has become Formula One’s youngest race winner at the age of 18 years and created history. After winning the 2016 Spanish Grand Prix, which was his debut race for Red Bull at the age of 18 he accomplished this feat.
- By maintaining lead position after Mercedes teammates Lewis Hamilton and Nico Roseberg crashed into each other in the 1st lap of race he was talented to win the Spanish Grand Prix.
About Max Verstappen:
- He was born on 30th September 1997 in Hasselt, Belgium.
- He is the son of former F1 driver Jos Verstappen.
- He is the youngest driver to contend in the history of the F1 after he made his debut at age of 17 years, 166 days, at the 2015 Australian Grand Prix for Toro Rosso previously.
- With Italian team Toro Rosso he had arrived 2015 F1 season.
- He was endorsed by Red Bull as a spare for Daniil Kvyat.
- During a Formula 1 Grand Prix Verstappen is also the youngest driver to lead a lap and also in 2016 season the youngest driver to secure a podium.
About Jos Verstappen
- Johannes Franciscus “Jos” Verstappen was born on 4th March 1972.
- He is a Dutch racing driver and second most successful Dutch Formula One driver, and has won races in A1 Grand Prix and Le Mans Series LMP2 races.
- He has made his F1 debut in 1994.
- He also was the German Formula Three championsand Masters of Formula Three winner in 1993 before joining F1.
- Published on: May 16, 2016