Zayn Khan chosen as FMSCI President [ Current News (Concise) ]
About FMSCI: It is known as Federation of Motor Sports Club India. It was formed in the year 1971. It is the only motor sport federation recognized by government of India. Its main function is to promote and control motor sport in India. Its main headquarters are in Chennai, India.
- Its members include FIM and FIA.
- From past few years it has an association with business corporates like J K Tyres, MRF, Indian Oil Corporation, ITC, the UB Group, McDowell, Birla Tyres, Popular Automobiles, Ceat Tyres, AVT, Goodyear, Maruti, TVS, Escorts Yamaha, Hero Honda etc.
About Zayn Khan:
- He is an occupant from Hyderabad and represents Western India Automobile Association.
- He has a great experience in sport and has supported a lot for practical side of sport in India.
- He has extensive knowledge on rallying which will certainly give a pro to develop the sport in India.
About Zayn Khan being elected and steps taken:
- This decision was taken at the council meet held in Bangalore.
- This election was obligatory because of the death of R Bharath Raj (Former President of FMSCI).
- Further steps taken by khan are to promote and publicize motor sport in India.
- Later to focus on Rallying in December in Chikmagalur which will host Asia Cup Round and to put up Asia - Pacific Rally Championship in 2016.
- Published/Last Modified on: September 23, 2015