at Asian Olympic Qualification Tournament Yogeshwar Dutt Has Won Gold Medal [ Current News (Concise) - Sports ]
At the Asian Olympic Qualification tournament Yogeshwar Dutt a Star Indian grappler has won a Gold medal in the 65 kg freestyle category at the finals played at Astana in Kazakhstan. He has beaten Katai Yeerlanbieke from China in the 65 kg freestyle category.
- He has secured an Olympic quota place for India after this victory.
- After Narsingh Yadav he becomes second Indian wrestler to secure berth in the 74 kg freestyle category for the 2016 Rio Olympic Games.
About Yogeshwar Dutt:
- He was born on 2nd November 1982 at Bhaniswal Kalan village Haryana.
- At the age of 8 years he has started wresting.
- In 2003 he had won gold medal at Common Wealth Games.
- Yogeshwar had won bronze in men’s 60kg freestyle category in 2012 London Olympics.
- In 2014 Commonwealth Games at Glasgow he again won gold medal. Recently.
- He recently battered into the ‘Icon’ category by Haryana Hammers one of the six teams playing under the first edition of Pro Wrestling League (PWL), which will be held from 10 December to 27 December in six Indian cities.
Awards and Honors:
Government of India has awarded him with the
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in 2012
- Bronze medal at 2012 London Olympic.
- Padma Shri in 2013.
- Published/Last Modified on: March 21, 2016