e-Sahyog Pilot Project lauinched to facilitate taxpayers [ Current News (Concise) ]
Union Finance Ministry has launched an e - Sahyog pilot project of Income - Tax Department to simplify taxpayers to reduce their need to tangibly appear before tax authorities. It was launched by Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
Key features about e - Sahyog project:
- It aims to decrease obedience cost, particularly for small taxpayers and provide an online mechanism to resolve mismatches in Income - tax returns.
- Being a part of the digital initiative, IT Department will provide an end to end e - service using SMS, e - mails to inform the tax evaluates of the mismatch.
- By using this service taxpayers will have to visit the e - filing portal and log in with their user - ID and password.
- It will help them to view mismatch related information and submit online response on the matter.
About Arun Jaitley:
- Arun Jaitley was born on 28 December 1952 and is a Bharatiya Janata Party politician.
- Jaitley was an Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) student leader in the Delhi University Campus and later became the President.
- Jaitley at present heads the ministry of finance and also controlled the ministry of defence for a small span of time
- Published on: November 2, 2015