Lokpal Bill was first introduced in 1968 by Adv. Shanti Bhuahan. The first Lokpal Bill was passed in fourth Loksabha in 1969 and could not get through Rajya Sabha.
Lokpal bills submitted in 1971, 1977, 1985, 1989, 1996, 1998, 2001, 2005, 2008 etc. The Lokpal Bill Complaints of corruption against the prime minister.
In 1960, Mounting corruption in public administration set the winds in favour of an Ombudsman in India.
The Lokpal Bill was for the first time presented during the fourth Lok sabha in 1968 and that is passed in 1969.
- Lokpal Bill is 74 page and it has two parts First is consititutional amendment bill-and its need ⅔ majority so that government will support of opposition parties.
- Institute of Lokpal and Lokayuktas, who will serve as anti-corruption agencies in states. Some majority is required to pass this part of bill.
- The Lokpal will be accountable to the parliament
- Agencies of Central Vigilance Commission can refer by Lokpal
- Lokpal has conduct inquiry through an inquiry wing amd made by police officers.