GRE Book list-Subject GRE-Biology
Download PDF of This Page (Size: 119K) ↧
- Kaplan GRE Exam Subject Test: Biology (Kaplan Gre Biology) by Kaplan- Buy from Amazon.in
- -The book is an excellent source for students preparing for the GRE Biology examination. The first part of Kaplan GRE Exam Subject Test: Biology (Kaplan GRE Biology) gives basic information about the test and the strategies to score high. Part 2 details cellular structure and molecular biology. It is further divided into Section A and B. Section A deals with cellular function and structure. The individual chapters covered here are Macromolecules and Bonding, Cellular Metabolic Pathways, Cell Membranes and Organelles, the Cytoskeleton and Cell Shape and the Cell Cycle. Section B details about molecular biology and molecular genetics. The chapters covered in this section are the Basics of Molecular Genetics, Eukaryotic Chromosome Structure and Genome Organisation, DNA Replication and Protein Synthesis, Plagues and Other Viruses and Immunobiology and Biotechnology. At the end of Part II, practice questions and answers are provided. Part 3 deals with organismal biology and covers chapters named Digestion and Nutrition, Gas Exchange and Transport, Excretion and Metabolism, Endocrine Nervous Systems and Behaviour, Support and Movement and Animal Reproduction and Development. Section B gives information about plant structure, functions and organisation and includes chapters on plant reproduction and development. Section C offers an insight into the diversity of life and studies Monera, Protista, fungi and animalia. In Part 4, Section A comprises of ecology and evolutions and includes chapters on community ecology, population size and its determinants. Section B deals with the mechanism of evolution and studies mutation and genetic variability, speciation and gene flow, natural selection and other mechanisms of evolution. Section C studies the change over time-reproduction and phylogeny, along with the Hardy Weinberg law and its use. It finally concludes with the evolution of life on Earth.
- GRE Biology: Testware (Gre Biology Test (Bk & CD) ) by Linda, Ph. D. Gregory- Buy from Amazon.in
- GRE Biology Test Secrets Study Guide: GRE Subject Exam Review for the Graduate Record Examination by GRE Subject Exam Secrets Test Prep Team- Buy from Amazon.in
- -These sections are full of specific and detailed information that will be key to passing the GRE Biology Exam. Concepts and principles aren't simply named or described in passing, but are explained in detail. The guide is laid out in a logical and organized fashion so that one section naturally flows from the one preceding it. Because it's written with an eye for both technical accuracy and accessibility, you will not have to worry about getting lost in dense academic language.
- Gre: Biology Test by Educational Testing Service- Buy from Amazon.in
- Dictionary of Biology by Hutchinson- Buy from Amazon.in