If you are visiting this page that means you are a college undergraduate, Who is exploring the available career options. There are many options you can be considering doing MS, MBA, getting a job or starting your own business. Following are few links regarding the articles which can help you in taking a wise decision.
Who should go to Grad school?
- Advice for Undergraduates Considering Graduate School
- This is an outstanding article for those students considering graduate school. This article provides information on subject matter like why you want to go to graduate school and an excellent glimpse of the entire process.
- Should You Go to Graduate School?
- This is a brief article which points out few crucial questions, generally you ask yourself while considering graduate studies.
- Straight Talk about Graduate School
- This article was written by a guy who dropped out of the PHD program and wrote a series of essential warnings.
- Should I go to graduate school?
- This article is almost similar to the above one and elaborates why graduate school is not for every student.
- Should You Get a Job Or a Master's Degree?
- This article shows the frequently asked questions “Should you get a job right after undergraduate school or go directly on to a graduate program?”
Choosing between MS or MBA
- Is the MBA Worth the Time, Effort, and Cost?
- “This article provides all the crucial issues you need to contemplate before making your decision of whether and when to obtain your MBA.” This article also talks about various issues related to MBA and particularly issues like cost and work experience.
- Why Do Companies Prefer MBAs?
- The phrase “MBA preferred” gets a lot of play in Monster's online job listings. What does it basically mean?
- Why Engineering? -Article 1
- “There would be a perception of the hard hat on a rainy day on a building site with rain trickling down the back of your neck or an engineer with his or her head stuck into a rusty engine. Many pictures are beyond the reality. It's a high-tech, inter-personal profession with large amount of teamwork with colleagues like use of computers, high-tech equipment, financial analysis and planning. It's very far removed from the stereotype.”
- Why Engineering? -Article 2
- This article provides comparison between salaries of various fields and engineering. Though, the data is quite old, but it gives us a very good comparison indeed.