How to get Success in IAS exam
Download PDF of This Page (Size: 131K) ↧
- Just focus on the exam pattern with utmost care and KEEP CALM.
- Strategy to prepare must be effective and efficient.
- Follow one step at one time but keep a broad sight while start preparing for Mains and Interview with Prelims.
- Do not scared regarding negative marking in Prelims.
- Time Management is very crucial.
- Highlight of the prelims is ultimately towards your Optional as it consists of good weightage.
- Prepare General Studies along with more focus on the Current updates and happenings.
- Presently, Current affairs appear as a very vital section. Refer well regarding standard current affairs series.
- Pratiyogita Darpan Special and Competition Wizard supplement released just before the prelims are useful.
- Never depend completely on the coaching classes if you prefer one. No coaching center can give a more elaborate content for Prelims.
- India Year Book is a huge field of knowledge which includes wide concepts on prelims.
- Those who have internet and have substantial time for preparation can login to csgsindia. Com.
- Work on the optional with equal importance to general studies. Answers require a explanatory and analytical prepective to check your understanding of the subject.
- Efficient time management is essential and a key to success. Papers may be lengthy. Sometimes even after knowing the answer students are unable to write it because of lack of time.
- Maintain a proper writing Pace.
- Go through with few good sample essay from Spectrum and Pratiyogita Darpan winning essays.
- Do not panic regarding english and language papers. They just need passing.
- Thoroughly refer the standard books. Few of the coaching institutes also give good study material for mains which proves to be useful. Study package by Brilliants is good for many optionals. Study material by VaziRam and Ravi is good for Psychology and Public Adminstration. Interactions plays a vital role in Geography and General Studies.
- Be confident.
- Keep on eye over current updates before going to the interview.
- Interviews are mostly analytical in nature, be prepared with any kind of reasoning.
- Prepare some topics on your optionals. Interviewer can ask you a choice.
- Read the interviews from Competition Success so you will get a brief or rough idea of the same.
- Comfort yourself with formal attire.
- In case if you are not aware with any answer, just say a straight no.