Glimpses of Civil Services Results 2011
Download PDF of This Page (Size: 119K) ↧
- The Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2011 was organised on 12th June, 2011.4, 72, 290 candidates were supposed to be appeared for this examination, out of which around 2, 43, 003 candidates have actually appeared in the exam.
- 11, 984 candidates were qualified for the Main written examination held in October-November, 2011 out of which 2417 candidates were selected for the Personality Test organised in March-April, 2012 at last, 910 candidates i.e.. 715 males & 195 females have been suggested for appointment to the IAS, IFS, IPS and other Central Services against 1001 reported vacancies. Vacancies unfilled currently are on account of 91 reserved community candidates qualifying on basic standards. Depending on the options used by them at last, these vacancies will be filled by candidates suggested for the Reserve List that is maintained by the Commission.
- The initial first two positions have been fetch by the female candidates. The top 25 candidates comprise around 19 male (comprising 01 visually handicapped candidate) and 06 female candidates. In the top 100 candidates, there are total 21 female candidates.
- Ms. Shena Aggarwal (Roll No. 233541) has topped the Examination. She has completed MBBS from All India Institute of Medical Sciences i.e.. A. I. M. S Delhi. This is however her 3rd attempt.
- The 2nd ranker is Ms. Rukmani Riar (Roll No. 27895). She has completed Master of Arts (Social Entrepreneurship) from Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. The is her 1st attempt.
- The 3rd position is bagged by Shri Prince Dhawan (Roll No. 1804). He has completed M. Tech (Elect. Engg.) from IIT, Delhi. This is his 1st attempt.
- The result also showcases the pan-Indian distribution of successful candidates of this Examination. Amongst the top 25 candidates, there are candidates claiming domicile from as many as 16 States, i.e.. Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chattisgarh, Delhi, Haryana, Jammu & Kashmir, Jharkhand, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamilnadu, Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh.
- The top 25 candidates comprise alumni from some of the premier educational institutions of the country comprising AIIMS, IIM and IITs. An alumnus of London School of Economics also figures in the top 25.
- The family background of top 25 candidates show versatile representation from all walks of the life which comprise of farmer, teacher, businessman, army personnel, low and middle level govt. Servants, doctors, advocate, professor & civil servants.
- Amongst top 25 candidates, 6 have made to the merit lift in their 1st attempt; 07 in 2nd attempt; 09 in 3rd attempt; and 01 each in 4th, 5th & 6th attempts. As many as 12 have already been suggested to services other than IAS on the basis of Civil Services Examinations of earlier years.
- Of the top 25 candidates-13 appeared from Delhi; 3 from Jaipur, 2 each from Mumbai & Chandigarh; and 1 each from Hyderabad, Chennai, Dispur, Patna & Jammu Centres.