Areas to Master for CSAT
Wide areas to master consists the quantitative section & verbal section.
The following section is the basis for General Mental Ability, Logical Reasoning & Analytical Ability. Quantitative section has been wholly covered in the volume I of basic numeracy in Examrace CSAT Series.
- Numbers, operations & Number systems (decimal system)
- Number Series
- Decimals, fractions & their conversions
- Percentages & their applications
- Lowest common multiple & its application
- Highest common factor & its application
- Basic Algebra
- Equations: Formulation, graph & solution of linear & quadratic equations
- Indices & Surds: Powers, Exponents, Roots & Radicals
- Ratio & Proportion & their application
- Averages: Types & suitability
- Basic statistics
- Interest & Discount
- Cost, income, expenditure & savings
- Profit & loss
The following section is the basis for Comprehension, Inter-Personal Skills, Decision Making & Problem Solving. Verbal section has been wholly covered under the Language & Grammar topic of verbal aptitude in Examrace CSAT Series.
- Parts of speech
- Gerunds & Participles
- Phrases & clauses
- Active-Passive Voice
- Direct & Indirect speech
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Reading ability
- Retention & Analysis
In the most elaborated words, Basic Numeracy & English Language are the building blocks for the CSAT examination. Hence, it is very crucial to have a strong command on these topics.
Candidates should never get confused by the material and books that give more detailed information on the corresponding topics that are not required and consume maximum time. It is vital to have strong foundations and concepts of the basics, as you are done with it, the difficult sections can thereafter be derived from that very easily.