Syllabi For The Examination Part-A Preliminary Examination
The Examination shall comprise two mendatory papers of 200 marks each.
Paper I- (200 Marks) Time Duration: Two Hours
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues etc.
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change-that do not require subject specialisation
- General Science.
Paper II- (200 Marks) Time Duration: Two Hours
- Interpersonal skills covering communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problemsolving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy i.e.. Numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc (Class Xth level). Data interpretation i.e.. Charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. Class Xth level
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class Xth level).
Important Note: Questions pertaining to the English Language Comprehension skills of Class Xth level also last item in the Syllabus of Paper-II will be tested through passages from English language only without giving Hindi translations thereof in the question paper.