The Essay paper of IAS Mains Exam 2014
ESSAY: Time Allowed: Three Hours
Maximum Marks: 250
QUESTION PAPER SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS
- (Please read each of the following mstructions carefully before attempting questions)
- The ESSAY must he written in the medium authorized in the Admission Certificate which must be stated clearly on the cover of this Question-cum-Answer (QCA) Booklet in the space provided, No marks will be given for answers written in medium other than the authorized one.
- Word limit, as specified, should be adhered to:
- Any page or portion of the page left blank in the Question-cum-Answer Booklet must be clearly struck off:
- Write TWO Essays, choosing ONE from each of the Sections A and B, in about 1000 − 1200 words each: 5 × 2 = 250
With greater power comes greater responsibility.
Is the growing level of competition good for the youth?
Are the standardized tests good measure of academic ability or progress?
Words are Sharper than the two-edged sword.
Was it the policy paralysis or the paralysis of implementation which slowed the growth of our country?
Is sting operation an invasion on privacy?
Fifty Golds in Olympics: Can this be a reality for India?
Tourism: Can this be the next big thing for India?