Indian Police Services
- The appointment will be done on probation for a tenure of two years which may be extended based on the critical conditions. Candidates who got success need to go through a well pre-decided training session at such place and in such manner and pass such examination during the tenure of probation as Government may mention.
- If as per the view point of Government, the work of a probationer is not upto the mark or reflects that he is unlikely to become efficient, Government may disseminate him forthwith or as the case may be, revert him back to the permanent post on which he holds a lien or would hold a lien had it not been suspended under the rules applicable to him previously to his appointments of Service.
- On completion of his tenure of probation Government may confirm the officer in the Service or if his or organise has in the view-point or of Government, been unsatisfactory Government may either disseminate him from the Service or may extend his tenure of probation for such further tenure being dependent on certain conditions as Government may think desirable.
- Those officers who are belonging to the Indian Police Service will be liable to go anywhere in India or even abroad either under the Central Government or a State Government.
- Provident Fund: The Officers pertaining to the Indian Administrative Service are governed by the All India Service (Provident Fund) Rules. 1955 as amended from time to time.
- Leave: The Officers pertaining to the Indian Administrative Service are governed by the All India Service (Leave) Rules. 1955 as amended from time to time.
- Medical Attendance: The Officers pertaining to the Indian Administrative Service are liable to availing the medical attendance benefits admissible under the All India Service Medical Attendance Rules. 1954. As amended from time to time.
- Retirement Benefits: The Officers pertaining to the Indian Administrative Service will be appointed, based on the Competitive examination which is being governed by the All India Services (Death-cum-Retirement Benefits) Rules. 1958 as amended time to time.
Scales of Pay
- Junior Scale: Rs. [18000 − 275 − 13500]
- Senior Scale Time Scale: Rs. [ 10, 000 − 325 − 15, 200]
- Junior Administrative Grade: Rs. [12, 000 − 375 − 16, 500]
- Selection Grade: Rs. [14, 300 − 400 − 18, 300]
- Super Time Scale: Deputy Inspector General of Police Rs. [16, 400 − 450 − 20, 000] and Inspector General of Police Rs. [18, 400 − 500 − 22, 400]
- Above Super Time Scale: The Director General of Police Rs. [22, 400 − 525 − 24, 500] and Director General of Police Rs. [24, 050 − 650 − 26, 000]
Dearness allowance will be admissible as per the orders being advised by the Central or Government from time to time under the All India Services (Dearness Allowance) Rules, 1972.
A probationer will begin on a small scale and be permitted to count the tenure spent on probation towards leave pension or increment in the time scale.