Civil Services (Preliminary) to be held on 7th August 2016 [ IAS Updates ]
Civil Services (Preliminary) notification is available from 23rd April 2016. Last date for registration is before 11: 59 PM of 20th May 2016. Civil Services (Preliminary) will be held on the date 7th August 2016 (Sunday).
Available Vacancies: Will be declared on 23rd April 2016 in Notifications
CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) 2016– Eligibility criteria: Candidate should have nationality of India, Nepal or Bhutan.
CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) 2016 Age Limit: Candidates who are interested must have Age between 21 to 32 years, born before 1st August 1995 and after 2nd August 1984. (Age relaxation is applicable for reserved categories according to government rules which will be declared with notification on 23rd April 2016).
CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) 2016 education qualification: Interested candidates must have to hold degree from government approval institutes
Note: Final year candidates are eligible but they have to submit proof of passing exam on or before the prescribed date.
CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) 2016 How to Apply:
To apply for CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) visit official website www.upsconline.nic.in before final date of submission.
The registration process is divided in two parts PART-1 and PART-2 which should be filled as describe below:
CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) 2016 Exam Pattern:
Paper-I (General Studies)
Minimum qualifying marks is 33% in Paper-II for be qualified in Civil Services Mains.
Syllabus for Paper I – (200 marks)
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
Syllabus for Paper II- (200 marks)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc. ) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level).
- Published/Last Modified on: December 17, 2015