IAS Mains 2015 Anthropology Question Paper 2 [ IAS Updates ]
IAS Mains Paper 2 for Anthropology held in December 2015. These questions will provide candidates preparing for 2016 a format and idea as to how to prepare and succeed in UPSC Mains examination. Indeed, there is no shortcut to consistency and practice. Good writing skills will lead you a way in IAS Mains Anthropology optional. Link to help in preparation for good writing skills
Q1: Write short notes on the following in about 150 words each: 10×5 = 50
- Relevance of tribal Panchsheel today
- Sacred complex as a dimension of Indian civilization
- South Indian Paleoliths
- Panchayati Raj Institutions and Social Change
- Rights over resources and tribal unrest
Q2: 20 + 15 + 15 marks.
- Examine the social implications of media and communication technology. 20
- Briefly describe the classical models of ethnic and linguistic classification of Indian population. Discuss its relevance today.
- Discuss the problems faced by religious minorities in India.
Q3: 20 + 15 + 15 marks.
- Discuss how constitutional provisions in India have built-in mechanisms for dealing with the problem of land alienation in tribal areas.
- Discuss the impact of Hinduism on the status of tribal women in Central India. 15
- Describe the paleoanthropological fossil finds from Siwalik hills. Examine the contribution of Siwalik fossils to paleoanthropological knowledge.
Q4: 20 + 15 + 15 marks.
- Critically examine the concept of communalism religious and multiethnic polity of India.
- Examine in detail the role of anthropology in planning for tribal development.
- Critically compare ‘Affirmative Action’ of USA and ‘Protective Discrimination’ for Scheduled Tribes in India.
Q5. Write short notes on the following in about 150 words each: 10 x 5 = 50 marks.
- Prehistoric Rock Art of Central India
- Islam and Matriliny
- Socioeconomic characteristics of shifting cultivators
- Elwin Ghurye debate on Tribes
- Role of Governor in Fifth Schedule Areas
Q6.20 + 15 + 15 Marks
- Examine the contribution of village studies towards the understanding of Indian social system.
- Discuss the impact of globalization on village economy in India.
- Discuss the significance of Harappan Civilization sites from India.
Q7.20 + 15 + 15 Marks
- Recently non-government organizations have been critiqued for interferinr, with developmental process in tribal heartland I Critically comment.
- Discuss the nature of social change in tribal India under the impact of developmental programmes.
- Discuss the contribution of M. N. Srinivas to the study of Indian society. Examine the influence of British social anthropologists on his ideas.
Q8.20 + 15 + 15 Marks
- What do you understand by dynamics, of caste mobility? How did the concept. of Sanskritization contribute to its functionality?
- Critically examine the concept of tribe-caste continuum and its relevance in contemporary India.
- Discuss the sociocultural, economic and psychological constraints responsible for low literacy in tribal areas.
- Published on: December 24, 2015