IAS Mains General Studies Paper 2 - Detailed Analysis of Paper (Compared to Past Papers) [ IAS Updates ]
Civil Services Mains Paper-2: On 19th December 2015 UPSC has conducted General Studies paper 1 (GS1) of civil services mains examination. It was 250 marks paper and examination duration was 3 hours as usual. There are TWENTY questions in both HINDI and in ENGLISH. Each Question has weighted with 12.5 marks. All the questions are compulsory.
Observations of from GS paper 2 - 2015
- Questions appear from November first week implying paper is usually set 1 month prior to exam – gives an idea where and what to prepare in 2016. (2 questions from Oct 2015 – One on ban of crackers by Supreme Court and other on Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Ordinance, 2015)
- Role of FDI in media was asked in 2015 while in 2015 it was role of FDI in higher education
- Question on Project Mausam that ended in mid 2014 (question asked one year after the project was over – Probably part of revision from India Year book - GoI)
- No question on Comparing Constitution, RPA, E-Governance, Ministry-Department and Indian diaspora
- No question on legislature and executive portion of the Indian Constitution (were asked in 2014, there can be swift changes in pattern and questions can again be asked on these topics in 2016)
- Focus on Self Help Groups (SHGs), Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- Similar to 2014, in 2015 each question has weighted with 12.5 marks and worlds limit is 200.
Freedom of speech vs. IT Act
Freedom of Speech vs. films and hate speech.
Life and liberty protection, Religious freedom
Separation of powers
SC vs. Parliament
SC vs. executive Ordinances
- Good Coverage from IGNOU material
- Questions on religious freedom, life, liberty, separation of power and other contemporary issues asked in wake of recent happenings
- Published on: December 24, 2015