Nearly 15000 Qualifies In UPSC Civil Services Exams - Time for Mains! [ IAS Updates ]
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has declared the results for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2015 and around 15008 candidates are nominated. These shortlisted candidates in the Prelims Examination are eligible to appear for Civil Services (Mains) Examination 2015 to be held from 18th December, 2015. The result is available at - Official Link for UPSC Prelims Result 2015.
About this year’s exam:
- The Civil Services preliminary exam was attempted by almost 4.56 lakh candidates this year.
- The results of the preliminary exam were declared within 50 days of conducting the exam, the shortest ever duration in which the results were declared.
- The exam was branched into two parts: Part I (General Studies) and Paper II (CSAT). Each paper carried 200 marks.
- CSAT paper i. e. Paper II was only qualifying in nature and one needs to only get 33 percent.
- There were 2, 186 venues in 71 centers (or cities) across the country.
- The General Studies (GS) paper i. e. Paper 1, showed diversity in the questions.
About UPSC exams:
- The civil services examination is conducted by the UPSC annually in three stages – preliminary, main and interview.
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and Indian Police Service (IPS) are selected via this exam.
- With success rate of 0.1%-0.3%. this examination is the toughest examination in India.
Process of examination:
- It has two segments - the Preliminary examination, and the Main examination.
- The Preliminary examination consists of two objective - type papers (General Studies and Aptitude Test),
- The Main examination consists of nine papers of conventional (essay) type followed by the Personality Test (Interview).
- The complete procedure from the announcement of the Preliminary examination to announcement of the final results takes around one year.
- Published on: October 13, 2015