IELTS FAQs for Test Registration
Where can I take IELTS?
- There are over 800 locations worldwide where you can take IELTS test. These centres have friendly, helpful staff who will help you with the registration process.
When can I take IELTS?
- IELTS is available on 48 fixed dates a year i.e.. Up to four times a month. However local demand is also considered in this regards. To know the nearest date of the next date, go to your nearest test centre.
How much is the test fees?
- IELTS has a set fee for its test. The Academic and General Training tests have the same fees. You can check out your fees in your local currency on IELTS Worldwide Search for your nearest centre.
How do I register for the test?
- Look for your nearest IELTS centre to find the next dates available to you for taking the test. Take care of the deadlines for registering for the test. Look out whether you need to take Academic or General Training test with your organisation or on the Global Recognition System. After registering, take a print out of the application form. Read the information for candidates, terms and conditions, complete the form and sign it. You need to have a valid postal address and its proof. Use the name as in the identification document. Take two identical passport-sized colour photographs, less than six months old, and sign the back of each. Remember you should not be wearing glasses in your application photographs. Take a photocopy of your current passport-this must be valid and not expired (some centres will accept a national identity card).
- Your results of IELTS can be sent to a university or educational institution you want to choose if you specify them in your application form. After filling up the form, go along with the fees to the nearest centre and register yourself. IZncase you apply online, please talk to your centre about the method of payment.
- Once you have registered, the test centre will confirm your IELTS test date, time and venue. Please note the Speaking test can be up to 7 days before or after the test date.
- On the test day, take same passport or national identity card that you entered on the Application Form.
What photographs do I need to provide in my IELTS application?
- Take two identical passport-sized colour photographs, less than six months old, and sign the back of each. Remember you should not be wearing glasses in your application photographs.
What if I need to postpone or cancel my application?
- If you postpone or cancel your application more than 5 weeks before the test date, you will get a refund less the administration charges. You are not refunded otherwise. Also if you provide a serious medical reason, then you will be refunded less administrative fees and that too before or within 5 days of test. Please note, this does not apply to minor illnesses.
What if I am absent or sick on the test day?
- If you do not appear for the test on the decided day, you will lose your fees. However if you submit a medical certificate within 5 days of the test date, you will receive a refund less the local administrative cost.