Things to know before preparing for IELTS
Time is a major barrier-Practice a lot and everyday so at the time of examination you don't have any issue regarding short of time.
Use the official IELTS Practice Materials for proper preparation-Buy it online or get it from any local test center.
Do practice the different types of task covered in IELTS test-for example short essay or latter for writing test and try to listen and understand proper English using television etc.
- Take others (like English professor, classmates, friends) opinion on your practiced questions answers.
- Visit nearest local IELTS test center for more details on preparation of course.
- Be relaxed before the day of your test.
- Take sufficient time to rememorize the test rules and test format.
- Get proper amount of sleep in night before your test day to be fresh at the day of your test.
- Plan everything earlier, make proper timetable for preparation and follow it accurately so you have enough time to be prepared.
- Don't forgot your ID (valid passport or national identity card) -same ID that you have given with your IELTS Application form.
- Take every basic stationery like pens, pencils and erasers that are needed in the test.
- Try to be relax and fresh, so you can perform better.
- Listen and follow carefully the instructions of test supervisor's. If you cannot hear or unsure about anything then raise your hand, the supervisor will assist you.
- If you feel that your work may be affected by illness or any other reason than raise your hand and consult a supervisor.
Things to Be Kept in Mind
- You must not cheat, do not copy the work of another candidate and do not create any kind of disturbance in the test.
- You are not allowed to use or try to use, a dictionary, pager, spell-checker, electronic recorder, mobile phone or any kind of other instrument.
- You can't lend or borrow anything from/to other person once you entered in test room.
- The supervisor cannot help you in any of the test questions.
- You are not allowed to talk, or disturb, other candidates once the test has started.
- You must not eat or smoke in the examination room.
- You cannot repeat any part of the test. You will have your test results withheld and be liable to performance if you do this.
- Do not take comprise test paper, answer papers, working paper or any other materials from the examination room with you.
- You cannot leave the examination hall, without supervisor's permission.