IES-ESE 2017 Educational Qualifications prescribed by UPSC
For admission to the Indian Service Examination, a candidate must have.
- Obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or
- Passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India); or
- Obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognised by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India); or
- Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959.
- Provided that a candidate for the post of Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts) and Engineer, Group ‘A’ in Indian Radio Regulatory Service-Group ‘A’ may possess any of the above qualifications or the qualification mentioned below namely:
MSc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject.
- Note 1: A candidate who has appeared at an examination the passing of which would render him educationally qualified for Indian Engineering Services examination, but has not been informed of the result, may apply for admission to the IES examination. A candidate who intends to appear at such a qualifying examination may also apply. Such candidates will be admitted to the IES examination, if otherwise eligible, but their admission would be deemed to be provisional and subject to cancellation, if they do not produce proof of having passed the requisite qualifying examination alongwith the Detailed Application Form which will be required to be submitted by the candidates who qualify on the result of written part of the Engineering Services examination.
- Note 2: In exceptional cases, UPSC may treat a candidate, who has not any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule, as educationally qualified provided that he/she has passed examinations conducted by other institutions the standard of which in the opinion of the Union Public Service Commission justifies his/her admission to the IES examination.
- Note 3: A candidate who is otherwise qualified but who has taken a degree from a foreign University which is not recognised by Government, may also apply to the Union Public Service Commission and may be admitted to the IES examination at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission.
Indian Service Exam 2015 Physical Standards
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Engineering Services Examination as per guidelines given in Appendix-II of the Rules for the Engineering Services Examination published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary.
Discussions & Questions
I am a telecommunications engineer. Am I eligible to appear for the IES exam. Or should I necessarily be a electronic and telecommunication engineer? ( - pr...@ on )
1 AnswerYou can appear for IES exam.
- Examrace on
I am an electronics and communication engineer, am i eligible for IES exam as like of electronics and telecommunications engineer. ( - ar...@ on )
1 AnswerYes you are eligible for IES and can appear for electronics and telecommunication - for past papers refer https://www.examrace.com/IES/IES-Old-Papers/
- Examrace on