IEcoS examination on 23rd May 2015 - Preparation Tips [ IEcoS Updates ]
The IEcoS examination will be conducted on 23rd May 2015. The forms are about to be released on 7th Feb 2015 and the last date to submit the forms is 6th March 2015. Now with just few months left, here are some of the must to remember points before you appear for IEcoS exam:
- Cover recent concepts worldwide for general studies
- Use NCERT for good foundation of basics - Class 11 and 12 Statistics
- Develop good writing style and answering techniques
- Practice a lot - Try to solve past papers and assess yourselves
- For General English - Refer to Wren and Martin and focus on Grammar
- Read one newspaper on daily basis
- Focus on GK and have a updated information on what is happening at national and international scenario
- Try to answer the question in neat and eligible handwriting
- Make notes that you can revise at the last moment
- The Hindu and Times of India are the two essential newspapers you must refer.
- Since statistics is your subject, try to give good focus on general studies section.
- For GS, cover NCERT Class 6 to 12 for science and social science subjects.
- Focus on Monetary Economics and Environmental Economics.
- For environmental economics refer Stephen Smith and Barry Field.
- Check out Indian Economic Service Booklists
- Published/Last Modified on: February 10, 2015