Essential Instructions for IFS Examination
The combinations stated below are not allowed:
- Agriculture and Agricultural Engineering
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Mathematics and Statistics
- In case of the Engineering subjects like Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering not more than one subject is allowed.
- The time duration is three hours for every paper.
- Candidates must write the papers in their own hand writing. Under any conditions, they will not be allowed to take the help of a outside person to write the answers on behalf of them.
- Tables to be supplied by UPSC
- If it is necessary for answering the questions set in any paper, the Commission may supply any of the following for reference purpose only:
- Mathematical/Physical, Chemical and Engineering Tables (including Logarithmic Tables)
- Steam Table (including Mollier Diagrams for Temperature up to 800 C and Pressure up to 500 Kgf/Cm)
- National Building Code of India 1970 or 1983 Group 2 Part VI
- Any other special articles as may be essential for the candidates to answer the questions set in the question paper.
- After the examination got over, return back the above items to the Invigilator.
- The answers will be answered in their own handwriting in ink. Pencil can be used for maps, mathematical drawings or rough work.
- In some questions, SI units will be used wherever required.
- Candidates should use only international form of Indian numerals (i.e.. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 etc.) while answering.
- Candidates are allowed to use the scientific (NonProgrammable type) calculators at the conventional type examination of UPSC.
- Programmable type calculators however, are not allowed and use of such calculators shall tantamount to malpractice.
- Check Answer Book.
- Candidates must write his or her roll number (and not his/her name) only in the space that is being given for the purpose on every answer book used by him or her. Before writing the answers, please check that the answer book is complete. If there are missing pages, it will got replaced.
- Not that-Do not tear out any pages from the Answer Book. In case If you use more than one Answer Book, indicate on the front cover of first Answer Book the total number of Answer Books used. Do not leave any page blank or unanswered and unused spaces between answers. If such spaces are left, score them out:
- The answers in excess of prescribed number will however be ignored.
- The candidates must answer all the questions in accordance only as per the sequence given in the question paper. If questions are attempted in excess of the prescribed number shall be valued and the remaining answers will be ignored as said above:
- Questions that are related to the graph or precis should be answered only on the graph or precis sheets to be supplied on demand by the Invigilators. All loose sheets such as precis sheet, drawing papers, graph sheets etc. Whether used or not should be placed inside the answer books and sticked with the additional answer book, if any. Candidates who fail to follow the instruction will be penalized. Roll number however must not be written on these sheets.
- Unfair means are strictly prohibited in Exam.
- Must not copy the answers from the papers of any other candidate in the examination hall nor you are allowed to give your papers to got copied attempt plus an attempt to obtain undesirable help of any description. It is the responsibility to every candidate to ensure that his answers are not copied by another candidate. Failure to do so will invite penalty as may be awarded by the Commission for adoption of unfair means.
- Conduct in Examination Hall-
- Do not behave in undesirable manner or create disorderly scene or chaos in the examination hall or harass as well as bodily harm the staff deployed for the conduct of examination. You will be strictly penalized, if you commit so.
- Please carefully study and understand the instructions printed on the Question Paper and on the Answer Book in the Examination Hall.
- The question papers in the examination will be of conventional i.e.. Essay type.
- Questions must be answered in English language only.
- The Commission has discretion to fix the qualifying marks in any or all the subjects.
- Marks will not be given for just mere superficial knowledge.
- Credit for the answers will be provided for orderly, effective and exact expression, with due economy of words in all subjects.
Discussions & Questions
I want to know that does the combination of Forestry and Animal Husbandry is allowed for IFS. I am student of Forestry with Maths background(12th) please suggest the best optional subject for me. ( - ja...@ on )
1 AnswerYes this combination is allowed. List of combinations not allowed includes:Agriculture and Agricultural EngineeringAgriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary ScienceAgriculture and ForestryChemistry and Chemical EngineeringMathematics and StatisticsNot more than one of the Engineering subjects viz. Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
- Examrace on