Indian Statistical Institute Entrance Exam 2016 Syllabus [ ISS Updates ]
Indian Statistical Institute Entrance Exam syllabus is given below B. stat and B. Maths Entrance Exam syllabus is same. The details of the syllabus are given below. The exam will be conducted on 8th May 2016 and the last date for the registration is 11th March 2016.
Algebra and number theory
- Sets, operations on sets
- Prime numbers. factorization of integers and divisibility
- Rational and irrational numbers
- Permutations and combinations
- Binomial Theorem
- Polynomials: relations between roots and coefficients
- Remainder Theorem. Theory of quadratic equations and expressions
- Arithmetic and geometric progressions
- Inequalities involving arithmetic, geometric & harmonic means.
- Complex numbers.
- Class 10 level plane geometry
- Geometry of 2 dimensions with Cartesian and polar coordinates, concept of a locus, equation of a line
- Angle between two lines
- Distance from a point to a line, area of a triangle, equations of a circle, parabola. ellipse and hyperbola and equations of the tangents and normal, mensuration
- Measures of angles, trigonometric and inverse trigonometric functions, trigonometric identities including addition formulae, solutions of trigonometric equations.
- Properties of triangles, heights and distances
- Sequences - bounded sequences, monotone sequences, limit of a Sequence.
- Functions - one-one functions, onto functions.
- Limit, continuity and differentiability of functions of a single real variable.
- Derivatives and methods of differentiation
- The slope of a curve, tangents and normals.
- maxima and minima
- Use of calculus in sketching graphs of functions.
- Methods of integration, definite and indefinite integrals
- evaluation of areas using integrals
- Published/Last Modified on: February 9, 2016