Information on IIT Patna
Indian Institute of Technology, Patna (IIT Patna) is an individual institute for education and research in science, engineering and technology situated in Patna, India. It is one of the 8 new Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) administered by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India under The Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 2011.
The Institute has departments which organise research as well as providing education, they are stated below:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences
IIT Patna proides undergraduate degrees in 3 subjects-
- Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering.
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering.
- Bachelor of Technology in Electrical Engineering.
For getting admission into these programs is basically done through a Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) for the students who are seeking admission into the IITs after completing 12 years of schooling. As we talk about 2010, the total undergraduate student intake is around 120 with 40 students in each of the above mentioned subjects.
The B. Tech programs comprise of eight semesters spread over 4 academic years. A student takes 5 − 6 theory courses along with the laboratory courses in each semester. Student's performance is judged on the credit system. Credits are given to each courses depending on the number of lecture, tutorial, laboratory hours per week.
Students have been admitted into PHD programs since the year 2009. IIT Patna is providing PHD programs in the subjects stated below-
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering.
- Department of Mechanical Engineering.
- Department of Electrical Engineering.
- Department of Physics.
- Department of Chemistry.
- Department of Mathematics.
- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Department of Civil Engineering.
Requirements for admission into the PHD programs cover Masters degree and prior academic achievement. Students have to go through an interview procedure before getting the admission.
MoUs and Internships
Indian Institute of Technology Patna has signed Memorandum of Understanding i.e.. MoUs with foreign universities. The MoU offers opportunities to B. Tech and PHD students as well as to the faculty from IIT Patna to enhance their research skills and integrate with other people working in various different areas. IITP has signed the MoUs mentioned below-
- MoU with University of Houston, USA.
- MoU with Louisiana State University, USA.
- MoU with University of New South Wales, Australia.
- MoU with University of North Texas-Denton, USA.
- MoU with UNICEF office for Bihar
Login to IIT Patna Official Website