Understanding JEE Mains and advanced Important Topics
About JEE Mains
Students must practice as many multiple choice questions i.e.. MCQs as possible for the exam. There are 3 hours given to complete 90 questions of MCQ type. So, on an average you have 2 minutes per question.
There are questions which may take more time than others so it is essential that the candidate ensures efficient time management, which can be achieved only with regular practice.
Important Topics for JEE (Main)
General preparation strategy: Entire syllabus is important, but there are always some topics in the syllabus that are held at higher importance than the rest and can help you score well. Try to focus on them and these topics can be applied in all other chapters and having a detailed understanding of them is important.
- Physics: Have good knowledge of Kinematics and Dynamics, try to build a strong problem solving ability and Theory of Fields (Electromagnetism) is very essential.
- Chemistry: Physical Chemistry helps get good scores and hence all the units must be carefully read, topics in Inorganic Chemistry if prepared nicely can prove beneficial.
- Mathematics: Calculus forms a base for Mathematics along with Determinants, Sequences, Permutation and Combination. It is must to relate the complex numbers with Coordinate Geometry and Vectors. Three dimensional geometry must be practised well to get good score.
Important Topics for JEE Advanced
General preparation strategy: Build strong foundation on the concepts and develop skills to solve numerical problems. Be good at theory pertaining to each topic, evaluate your understanding of the theory by solving short answer type and assertion reason based questions and also subjective problems for thorough understanding of the subject. Practice good number of MCQs to boost speed and accuracy.
- Physics: Mechanics, Electrodynamics, Heat and Thermodynamics, Optics and Modern Physics. These topics can act as risk factors as they are most easiest and scoring topics yet ignored.
- Chemistry: Fundamental principles of Organic Chemistry to make remaining section easier. Physical Chemistry hhas lots of numerical problems asked from this section. Focus more attention to learn Inorganic Chemistry with facts and figures to be remembered and continous revision.
- Mathematics: One must be able to understand inter-relation between chapters like Coordinate Geometry which can be used to solve problems in complex numbers. The knowledge of Vectors is also useful in these topics. To solve problems of Probability, strong foundations in Permutation and Combinations is required. Formula and problem-solving skills developed by thorough practice of Trigonometry are must in all topics. Most essential chapter is Calculus.